General liability or business liability insurance is a type of policy that can help you in covering expenditures related to non-employee grievances that occur on your property or damage done to another property. It can also be in the form of slander or libel. To make it simpler, it can help you deal with some of the most common claims that your business may experience.
In case someone sues your business, the general liability insurance can help you in paying attorney’s fees, settlements, and other legal expenses.
Coverage of the General Liability Insurance
Here are some of the coverage of the policy:
- Product Liability- If you cause harm to people or property due to the manufactured product that you distributed or marketed.
- Third-party bodily injury- If someone got hurt on your property, like a client or customer, general liability could help cover for the unexpected medical costs or legal expenditures if ever they file charges against your business.
- Copyright, Slander, and Libel- If a person sues your business because of infringement or libel, general liability insurance can assist you with your lawsuit incidentals.
- Third-party property damage-If your business cause any damages to a customer’s property, the business liability insurance plan can aid you with the expenses for the replacement or repair of the said property.
What General Liability Insurance Does Not Cover
Here is some vital info that you should learn about what the business liability policy does not cover:
- Employee Injuries – if an employee got hurt at your workplace, general liability will not be covering it. However, another plan exists, and that is the workers’ compensation insurance to help pay the medical expenses and lost salary for the worker.
- Professional error- if you fail to deliver a project, the professional liability insurance can help you with lawsuits over professional faults, which includes missed targets.
- Employee Discrimination Lawsuits- these are claims related to wrongful termination, harassment, and discrimination, to name a few. The plan that can assist you is the Employment Practices Liability Insurance or EPLI.
As a business proprietor, you are responsible for anything that happens within and outside of your business. You may struggle at first, but you should be ready for any unexpected circumstances that may occur. Getting an insurance plan can help you focus more on your business, as you are at ease knowing that there’s a backup plan for you in case something may happen.
At Brad Spurgeon Insurance Agency Inc., we do our best in making sure that our clients are well-protected with affordable and comprehensive policies. We make sure to go the extra mile to help you with your needs. To learn more about how we can help you, please contact our agency at (409) 945-4746 or Click Here to request a free quote.