Moreover, it is also important to do your part in preventing destruction from happening in your home. The most common casualty is costly water damages. Therefore, here are ways to prevent water destruction that helps to prevent hefty insurance claims:
Leakages in the basement are usually caused by gaps and cracks on the walls and in building foundations. Consequently, this means that the materials used in your basement have deteriorated. But, water sealant may do the trick. You may also put a backwater valve which allows rubbish not to go in.
2. Inspect and maintain your indoor plumbing system
It is necessary to maintain your plumbing system indoors to ensure that it is working effectively and efficiently. Additionally, this helps avoid expensive repairs in the future. Here are parts of your home to inspect which alerts you from leakage concerns:
- Appliance faucets and hoses
- Pipes of showers and tubs
- Location of the main water shut-off valve
- Plumbing and heating pipes
3. Inspect and maintain your outdoor plumbing system
Inspection of damages early helps prevent intense wreckage in the plumbing system and pipelines. Also, it helps prevent costly damages. Listed below are ways to repair your home’s exterior plumbing system:
- Caulk doors and windows to protect against water leakage.
- Inspect your roof for damaged shingles that could allow water to flow inside your house and repair them. Look for moss, too, that can hinder the work of the shingles.
- Remove debris from your downspouts and make sure it is 5 to 10 feet away from your home.
- Clean your gutters to avoid clogs and water damages.
Water damages are devastating. Getting home insurance provides financial protection, but remember to maintain your home’s plumbing system. The following tips could reduce your burden and financial risks, which surely minimizes expensive repairs.
At Brad Spurgeon Insurance Agency Inc., we do our best to ensure that our clients are well-protected with affordable and comprehensive policies. We make sure to go the extra mile to help you with your needs. To learn more about how we can help you, please contact our agency at (409) 945-4746 or Click Here to request a free quote.