It is important to know and be protected when there’s a windstorm. Here’s what you need to know.
Windstorm insurance is a form of property-casualty insurance that covers property damage caused by strong winds. It also covers your personal belongings and the destruction of property. Windstorm coverage is geographical, and premiums vary depending on location. The deductible is a percentage of the cost of the coverage.
What Does It Cover?
Windstorm insurance protects your house's inside and outside, including the walls, roof, windows, and doors. It also includes personal belongings such as jewelry, clothes, furniture, and electronics. It can also pay for your temporary home-like hotel and meals if your house is extremely damaged and the future expenses until your home is repaired.
What Doesn’t It Cover?
Windstorm insurance does not cover damages caused by storms, floods, and fires. Storm surge often has wind that can damage your home, but windstorm insurance only includes the areas caused by wind and not the water.
How Does Windstorm Insurance Work?
By doing this, windstorm insurance may protect your home from any damages. You might be informed and know what needs to be done. Here is some basic information you need to know:
- If your home has been damaged by wind, you can begin filing for a claim by capturing proof, whether in a photo or a video.
- Make sure to look for trustworthy news sites that report on the event. It will help you validate your evidence.
- Inspect the damages. It will give you an indication of how much it would cost you to repair.
- Claims may have a time limit, so file your claim as soon as possible.
Do You Need Windstorm Insurance?
Windstorm insurance will be advantageous if your area is prone to windstorms. Even if your local area is not prone to windstorms, you should consider purchasing windstorm insurance because even high-risk areas encounter severe winds caused by unforeseeable events.
Protect Your Home From Windstorms
Windstorms cannot be avoided, but doing these simple things might be life-changing. Read and understand the following:
- Make it a habit to trim the trees and branches near your house even if there’s no upcoming storm.
- Install storm shutters and shingles to secure the windows and roof.
- Utilize plywood to protect doors and windows.
Some areas are prone to windstorms, make an action plan to protect your properties by performing preventive measures. You should take this information as a precaution to cover your home from further damage caused by wind and debris. This may lessen your expenditures from losses.
At Brad Spurgeon Insurance Agency Inc., we do our best in making sure that our clients are well-protected with affordable and comprehensive policies. We make sure to go the extra mile to help you with your needs. To learn more about how we can help you, please contact our agency at (409) 945-4746 or Click Here to request a free quote. Any coverage discussed is not guaranteed. Please contact us today to go over your policy to ensure your needs are met! We are here and happy to help.