Here are easy tips on how you can maintain your pool and keep it clean always.
For best results, the water of your pool should be at the center level of pool tile or skimmer. It should not be too low, as it can cause the pump to dry and burn. On the other hand, a water level that is too high can damage the skimmer door.
Here are some things you have to take into consideration when inspecting your pool:
- Check water quality. Your water must be clear, and you should be able to see the bottom of your pool.
- Check cleaning system. Your pool needs to be clean without any debris. You can achieve this with the help of in-floor pool cleaning system.
- Inspect the hose cleaner if it is moving properly.
- Check the performance of the sidewalk returns.
- Check the drain for any obstruction.
- Check for unusual odors.
If you discover any problems in these areas, it can be a sign that you need to clean your filters. Depending on the pool usage, filter cleaning is usually done twice a year.
Prevent Algae Growth
Algae thrive from the wastes of people and animals. They also feed on the bird dropping nitrates. Therefore, make sure your pool has no animals and vegetation nearby. Also, keep fertilizers and other chemicals away from your pool.
How To Clear Up A Dirty Pool
1. Use a leaf net to remove debris from your pool, particularly large ones. Do not vacuum your pool as it can damage the filter, underground pipes, and skimmer.
2. Chlorinate the pool water to kill off algae and bacteria growth. This method will shock your dirty pool. Shocking your pool means using gallons of liquid chlorine for several days, depending on how dirty the pool is.
3. Backwash your filter about four times every day as a way to unclog your filter. Do this technique until you see your pool clearing up.
4. Have a professional check the filter system of your pool. It is important because your pool water will not clear up if your filter system is not working properly.
Regular maintenance can help you spot any problems immediately in your pool, preventing emergency trips from buying additives, chemicals, and other repair tools. You may also want to buy windstorm insurance in case something happens to your pool. At Brad Spurgeon Insurance Agency Inc., we aim to make our client's life easier with policies that are tailored to their needs. You can get more information about our products and services by calling our agency at (409) 945-4746. Get your free quote today by CLICKING HERE.